sunset

sunset

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Menu and To-Do List for the Week


I sat down last night and made a list of things in my pantry and freezer we need to eat. My pantry is actually two shelves in my laundry room. We have nice size rooms in this small house, but not much storage space. My shelves are overflowing. I guess this is a good thing. But we really need to eat some of the older items. So for the next few weeks we may have things that are not a normal combination. I am just making a list and deciding a day or so before what we will have so I can take it out to thaw. (As I am typing, my husband informed me he took a package of dove out and placed them in the outside refrigerator to have this week so I need to make a change in my plans since they take 2-3 days to thaw.)

I make lunches of sandwiches for my husband each night for the next day. Some days my daughter takes a sandwich and some days she prefers to take leftovers. Hubby and daughter leave at different times. He normally does not want a big breakfast and chooses to eat a pack of sandwich crackers. For my daughter, she is a breakfast person. Depending on her mood, I will normally make her oatmeal; eggs with cheese and spinach, ham, bacon, and sausage just depending on what I have that day; grits with cheese and bacon or sausage and egg; cereal; or some mornings she chooses a hotpocket even though they are not the most healthy choice. I will eat leftovers or a sandwich for lunch.

Sunday- ham, potato salad, pink-eye peas, and cornbread

Monday- lasagna, salad (from the garden), and garlic cheese bread from the freezer

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday- our choices will be

                -Dove wrapped in bacon and grilled, fried okra, and pasta salad

-Parmesan, bacon, and spinach bread pudding (spinach from the garden), salad (from the garden). I have bread I need to use and this is a new recipe to try.

                -Chicken and rice, broccoli cornbread (from the garden)

                -Beef roast with carrots and potatoes, gravy, and buttermilk biscuits

Friday-out to eat Mexican

I also plan to make a bread pudding with Nutella and a loaf of oatmeal bread that was given to me to have for dessert this week.  
 

As far as a to do list this week, it is pretty basic.

                -Devotions

                -change out tablecloth

                -pay bills online

                -wash sheets    

                -try not to leave the house until Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment