sunset

sunset

Friday, April 10, 2015

My Last Crazy Month

It has been a month since I have been able to type a post. Not that anyone actually reads these.
I finished helping my family member on March 18. That left me 2 days to make sure I had everything purchased and packed to leave to go camping for 2 weeks.

We left around noon on Saturday the 21st. Got there, set up, and I went to make a gallon of tea. No tea pitcher. I seriously do not work well when I get off schedule. I made a chicken pizza for supper that evening after husband and daughter came in from fishing.


Sunday my husband and daughter headed back home for him to work and her to attend classes and clinicals. Just me and the pup until Wednesday evening when husband returned. Daughter returned Thursday evening after classes. My pup is really a Daddy's girl. She sleeps right up next to him. The first night she slept curled up next to me. The next two nights she would not even sleep in the bed. She slept on the sofa. Daughter left again Sunday for classes.

This trip is a family tradition for my husband's family. I have been going camping/fishing since the year before we married. We celebrated 24 years of marriage while we were there this year. We normally have 4-6 campsites, campers, and boats and anywhere from 11-20 people with us. Some years it does not work for everyone to go. But the original 11 of us are always there for a week. It just worked out this year we were able to stay a little longer. I was ready to come home this year. Fourteen days away from my little home may have been a few too many.

The trip is pretty inexpensive. We cook our meals and because I am disabled, I receive a discount on our campsite making it $12.50 per night. And we come home with fish for the freezer.

While we were there I made some new friends, did a little Geocaching, watched free movies from Redbox rental codes, caught up on some reading and my pup went for her first swim. All in all it was a relaxing 2 weeks. I just needed someone after we returned home to do all my laundry and put all the stuff back up we had taken with us.

I came home to a garden that had exploded while we were gone, the broccoli heads were the size of quarters when I left. They were the size of softballs and about to seed when I got back.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time away..some times life gets frantic but its worth it..we have had a long month too..our eldest daughter was put on bedrest and me and her sisters looked after her for 3 weeks....then she went into hospital for more ..so at the end of all that frantic too-ing and fro-ing we now have 2 beautiful identical baby girls..
    And of course people read your posts..lol
    enjoy
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. And congratulations on the twin girls.

      Delete
  2. Ditto Sara's last sentence! Love the beautiful photos but I am especially happy with your photo of the voilets. I just adore violets. It is one of my great regrets that I do not have a source for good old fashioned violets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked the violets while camping. There are many wild ones there.

      Delete